The Myth of Co-Parenting
Motherwell | Hope Edelman
How can women escape being the dominant parent? Did we take or accept this role unknowingly or was it always thrust upon us and we didn’t know what else to do but do it? We do. We endure.
A Case of Reverse Amnesia
The Washington Post | James Hohmann
I was kind of wavering on this issue at first. Yes, Sessions’ lied (or perhaps innocently omitted) information during his confirmation hearing and that alone was worth him stepping aside and saying he would recuse himself from the Russian interference investigation. (And it’s never a good sign when I actually agree with Lindsay Graham. Sigh.) However, I did wonder if the press was getting all huffy over nothing. But then, I read this article and begin to doubt the whole thing all over again. WTF Trump. And sessions. And everyone.
See related: “The 3 Trump-Russia scandals, Explained” by Vox | Zack Beauchamp
Tiny Mistakes Cause Inhalers to Deliver Half Doses
Futurity | Jade Boyde-Rice
So, sharing this as a global FYI. It’s probably a good reminder to review the instructions of any medicine you take regularly. This article pointed out that I too have been making mistakes. It’s unsettling to know that such tiny mistakes may be critical mistakes…
Scientists Need to Stop “Othering” the General Public
ExtraNewsFeed | Jessica Pelland
The importance of building trust between scientists and non-scientists and a reminder that scientists are part of the “General Public.”
She’s 54, white, rural and a lifelong Republican. Why is she protesting Donald Trump?
The Washington Post | Terrence McCoy
Why has she come? She sat quietly toward the front of the bus, unsure, but hopeful, that this march, this trip to Washington, might provide an answer.
It’s an oldie but if you didn’t catch it the first time around, it is worth a read. Poetic even. It captures this sense of…disruption that I haven’t seen portrayed any other piece about the Women’s March in Washington.
In Case You Missed It
@HerCurator this week
Her Curator (@hercurator) | Twitter
- This high-tech farm can grow perfect veggies literally anywhere in the world https://t.co/D9blS7SMAR via @Mic @kbratskeir
- This Is How To Make Friends As An Adult: 5 Secrets Backed By Research – Barking Up The Wrong Tree http://sumo.ly/vXBo via @bakadesuyo
- Private vs. Public Companies: Trump wasn’t a real CEO https://wpo.st/kYJe2 @washingtonpost
- One unexpected outcome of the Oscars best-picture blunder: Vindication for Marisa Tomei @washingtonpos
- We have a vaccine for six cancers. Why are less than half of kids getting it? https://t.co/w6A68sgy3I via @kevinmd
- Embrace and educate instead of avoid. “Teaching Children to Play With Fire” (no really!) https://nyti.ms/2maWw10 @nytimes @sarazaske
- RT: @adamentous We reached all 26 members of the 2016 Armed Services Committee to see who met with Russian envoy Kislyak in 2016. Sessions was the only one.
Just for fun I thought I would share a random song each week that I stumbled upon.